Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Jan 21 & 22 shows

  1. #1
    Inactive Member naughty kitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2003
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've finally recovered from my weekend trip to LA. I caught the Saturday and Sunday night shows and REALLY liked the MLM album to start out the sets. I think Charlie really makes some of those songs stand out live, especially It Wasn't a Pretty Picture and Moral Threat. I found myself listening to and watching him a lot of the time. It was nice to hear Ball & Chain thrown in on Sunday (if I remember right). If anyone has setlists, I'd appreciate it.

    The Saturday crowd was rough, at least compared to the midwest shows earlier in the tour. It wasn't hard to see that Mike wasn't 100%, especially on Sunday.

    I had never been to LA before (or anywhere in California), but I think I'd like to come back for a longer visit. It was heaven to open my hotel window and look out at the pool below surrounded by palm trees and flowers. Back home it's dead leaves and cold wind....do you Cali people know how lucky you are???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad you had such a great time. You should plan another trip here soon. There is so much to do and see here. Spring is beautiful!
    It seems that the more places I visit outside of SoCal, the more I run into people that snicker at us, and think were snobs. Its funny the attitude you get from outsiders (you guys think your so great type shit).
    Seriously, I know I'm lucky. The more I travel, the more I realize it, and the more I cant wait to get home.
    We are spoiled, but I can live with that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    My one complaint?? There are too many damn good shows to go to. Sometimes its a bit exhuasting trying to keep up with it all. I had to turn down TSOL on Friday night and Throwrag on Saturday night, because I swore myself I would have a mellow weekend after Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas the weekend before.
    I live 2 miles from Anaheim HOB (and even closer to the Dollhut). Social D will be playing there this week and Tiger Army this weekend. It never stops...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member naughty kitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2003
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought the people in LA seemed quite friendly. A few of the women seemed a little "plastic", but maybe that's just my midwestern-ness showing through.

    I'd say indulge yourself whenever possible...life's too short. My resolution this year is to do more of what I WANT to do. I think I started off on the right foot with this trip!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree, life is too short and you better enjoy and do everything you want in life [img]wink.gif[/img] I love visting the sunny state of CA! There are some great people in that state (you know who you are girls), just need to weed out the bad ones where ever you go.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member naughty kitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2003
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't see any chick fights, but I did see a GUY take a swing at a girl (at least I think it was a guy). I was right on the side rail on Brent's side, and they were just a few feet away. It was interesting to see her taunting him and then security surrounded him and he was gone.

    Thanks for the setlist. I don't know why I'm so anal about them....I guess it helps me remember each show.

    Is anyone recording any of these shows? This next run of dates should be excellent. Too bad I'm done traveling until the spring.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member das187's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    619
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Saturdays show was the best.

    naughty kitten they played all of MLM, Sick Boy, Under My Thumb, Reach For The Sky, HWY 101, Bakerfield, (Send Her Back?), Story Of My Life, When The Angels Sing, Cold Feelings, (Bye Bye Baby?), Ring Of Fire

    Memory is a little fuzzy but it was something like that [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

    Oh and the chic fight was pretty funny [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 31, 2006 01:02 PM: Message edited by: das187 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member erikaevexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2005
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did I miss the fight??? And I had a bird's eye view and I missed it! Brent's sister and a couple of her friends were with me and a friends of mine, must have been distracted ...
    Das, sorry to have missed yo yet again, Naughty, would have been cool to meet you I was there both Sat and Sunday ...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was sweet greaser girl. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Erika, gimme a call if you decide to go to any of the Anaheim shows. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member astrolux17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey guys I went to the show on the 22nd. And there was a song playin over the p.a. before the show and I havent been ale to figure it out for the life of me. The only line I got from it was in the chorus "everybody got the feelin" Im pretty sure it was a chick singer. Thats prolly not enough info but if any of you know the name of the song or artist Id apreciate it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member erikaevexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2005
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erika, I don't think I"ll be making it to any more of the Anaheim shows, but might go to the last LA show, and you know for sure I'll at the Ventura show!!! Bring it on 805!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •